Take a pen to paper and write a letter the old fashioned way. When you are done, take a picture and post that letter to that special someone or on your social channels and remember to tag your friends. #LOTD Letter of the Day
Where to start?
Once you know who the lucky recipient is, you can start writing. If it’s not something that you’ve done in a long time, check out this page for tips on the basics.
Follow these steps
- Greet the person – address your recipient by their first name or last name, sir/madame
- Write an introductory sentence – say why you’re writing the letter
- Write the main body of your letter – elaborate on the main topic in one or two paragraphs.
- End your letter with one or two sentences, summing up the letter and express your willingness to continue the correspondence. You can also thank your recipient for a favor, prompt reply, etc.
- Have a suitable ending (relevant to the recipient) – love/yours…, best wishes/regards, to sincerely
- Sign your name at the end
- Make sure to read it back to yourself.