When did you last follow the ritual of “Take a deep breath in, breathe out”? We never have time for ourselves, but a Breathe Break is vital to maintaining focus and being successful.
PURSED LIP BREATHING
Pursed Lip Breathing is a form of breathing that fills your lungs with oxygen and pushes out the trapped stale Carbon dioxide. To strengthen your lungs; practice this exercise for 5-10 minutes every day.
- Try to Relax.
- Breathe in through the nose for 2 seconds.
- Breathe out through the lips, in a manner of blowing a candle for 4-6 seconds.
Equal Breathing is a great exercise to reduce stress and to boost focus instantly. It will bust your anxiety and will be the first in your line-up of calming techniques. Ideally, give yourself a minimum of five minutes of this exercise and notice the difference.
- Try to relax.
- Inhale through your nose for a mental count of 4.
- Exhale through your nose for a mental count of 4.
- Repeat the cycle.
ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATHING
Our 3rd best recommendation promotes respiratory endurance, improves cardiovascular function and promotes overall well-being. Alternate Nostril Breathing will give you relief and mental peace. One must practice this breathing exercise for 10 minutes.
- Sit relaxed with knees crossed.
- Place the left hand on the left knee and place your right hand on the nose.
- Exhale completely and close your right nostril with your right thumb.
- Inhale through left nostril and close it with your fingers.
- Open the right nostril and exhale.
- Inhale through the right nostril and close it with your thumb.
- Exhale through your left nostril.
Breathing exercises not only help you clear your mind, but also enhance your overall performance. Give yourself 10 minutes a day and notice the improvement. Want a Video Tutorial? Check out this video: