As humans, we were born to move. Unfortunately with the lockdown are movements are quite restricted, and it’s easy to put on the pounds. Therefore, it is essential to make sure we stay active at all times.
One of the most effective ways to get more upper body strengths is to do push-ups every day. However, it is important to make sure you are doing the push-ups correctly. So, we broke it down into a couple of steps to help you achieve your dream body and to stay active.
How to do a push up:
- Start by kneeling on an exercise mat or the floor.
- Bend forward to and assume a plank position.
- If this is your first time doing push-ups you can keep your knees on the floor.
- Keep your hands flat on the mat/floor and make sure they are right under your shoulder. (This will help in releasing any pressure on the shoulder)
- Keep your core engaged and back straight.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor
- Continue until your chin almost touches the mat/floor
- Press upwards with your arms to make sure they are fully extended.
- Repeat the downward movement.
- Start with 10 push-ups and don’t forget to breathe as you do your push-ups.
Follow these simple steps, and once the lockdown rules get lifted, we will be in shape for the summer season!