Buying a brand new ping pong table can be expensive. Additionally, trying to get one delivered at this point in time could take a while too. However, I have found the easiest way you can make a ping pong table at home by just buying a few materials from your nearest home improvement store (Home Depot).
What you will need:
- One 4×8 sheet of MDF
- Two 12 foot lengths of mouldings for the frame
- Non-Sanded Grout
- Valspar Paint in eggshell finish in two colours (grey and white)
- Painter’s Tape
- Wood Glue
- Ping Pong Net
- Paint Brush/Roller
- 4 Wood blocks (76 cm)
Making the ping pong table?
- Start by deciding if you want your ping pong table to be big or slightly smaller based on the amount of space you have.
- If you want a slightly smaller one, you might want to cut the 4×8 to make it into a 4×7.
- Once the dimensions have been decided, using wood glue carefully adds the frame onto the 4×7 MDF.
- Make sure you add enough glue so that the pieces don’t break off when you start playing ping pong.
- Get a bucket where you can add the grey Valspar paint and mix it with the non-sanded grout.
- Mix the paint and the grout well before applying it on the MDF to ensure you get a smooth finish.
- Take a ruler and mark out 2 centimeters on the sides of the table.
- Carefully add painter tape on the outer side of the 2-centimeter mark.
- Similarly, for the white paint, mix it with non-sanded grout in the bucket.
- All the lines should be 2 centimeters.
- Once the paint has dried carefully, take off the painter’s tape.
- Flip the table over. Using wood glue, attach the four legs off the table.
- Make sure that the legs of the table are spaced correctly to ensure that the table remains flat.
- Finally, flip the table again, wait for the glue to dry up, and add the ping pong net.
This is what the end product should look like!
Make sure to share with us your version of your ping pong table @deetoxtoday on either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Also if you are interested in making a Puppet Theater or a Sock Puppet click the buttons below!