A 30 minute routine for all the family!
Exercising as a family is a good fun physical pursuit and an activity which should set your children on the path to a healthy habit for life.
It is not hard to do, requires little equipment and is great for all abilities. My children are willing participants and our workouts do double duty as they achieve family time too.
Each session will take about 30 minutes and you will need some space, the garden or if you can’t go outside, clear a little space in your living room.
- Torso twists 20 seconds,
- Shoulder rolls 10 x forward, 10 x backwards
- Rotating toe touches 30 seconds
- High knees 20 seconds
- Run on the spot 30 seconds
- Super slow squat, legs wide x 10
- If you can, run around your garden for 2 minutes, if not, run on the spot for 1 minute.
Drink some water and breath 1 minute
- Jumping Jacks (also know as Star Jumps) x 30
- Cross punches 30 seconds, nice and straight arms, go as fast as you can
- Upper cut punches 30 seconds, go as fast as you can
- High Knees, try touch the palm of your hand, 20 seconds first, then 10 seconds and finally 5 seconds
- Arm Circles 20 x forward, 20 x backwards
- Balance on left foot x 20 seconds
- Balance on right foot x 20 seconds
- Frog Jump x 10, touch the ground and reach for the sky
- 30 second break, drink some water and breath!
- Jumping jacks x 20
- Squats x 20
- Hop on left foot x 20 seconds
- Hop on right foot x 20 seconds
- Mummy kick x 30 seconds
- Now get down on the ground!
- Push ups x 20 first, then 10 and finally 5
- Leg lifts, 10 x left leg and then 10 x right leg
- Flutter kicks x 20 seconds
- Plank x 20 seconds
Drink some water and breath 2 minutes
Now you can choose from 3 of these activities, which are also great family team exercises!
- Wheel borrow race
- Leap frog race
- Play tag
- Balloon toss up, don’t let it touch the ground
- Obstacle course, complete 3 times
And finally, stretch and breath.
Congratulations you have completed your family workout! Remember to always encourage and support your children and help them on their way to live a healthier lifestyle!