Are you an aspiring fashionista? Well, being a style queen is easier than you think. Below, we share our top tips on how to become a fashionista and exude confidence from the inside out.
Here are our top tips that will send you on your way to being that fashionista we just know is BURSTING to get out.
Look around you. Take inspiration from others. From fashion blogs to top fashion shows and art, it’s always around. Observe people’s style in the street. Every sidewalk is a runway.
Confidence is key
If you believe you look good, others will believe it too. Have faith in your choice of style and love what you’re wearing. Confidence is the BEST accessory you can wear. Work it, girl!
A little goes a long way
Being a fashionista doesn’t have to mean expensive clothes – it’s not all about the price tag. What matters is how you feel when you’re all dolled up and strutting around town. Walk the walk.
Mix and match
The ability to mix and match random prints and combine colours together is a true fashionista trait. Mix it up.
Reflect your style in your decor
Cut out the covers of your favourite fashion magazines and hang them on your walls. Display your accessories and clothes outside of your wardrobe to inspire your fashion sense on waking. That scarf’s a ray of sunshine.
Don’t be afraid to be bold. Try out new styles often and if it doesn’t look right, keep tweaking it ’til it’s FABULOUS. Absolutely.
Have lots of fun!
Clothes are a great way to express yourself and show the world who you are. Be you, be your best and and have fun. Mother of reinvention, that’s what YOU are!
Check out fashions top influencers on Instagram.
- @jxxy By Natalie Joos. Belgian-born fashionista living in New York who posts pictures of her colourful outfits. Has her own vintage blog too.
- @brightbazaa By Will Taylor. Design, style and travel blogger.
- @camtyox By Camille Charriere. Has her own fashion podcast on iTunes too.
- @liveranilorenzo By Italian fashion blogger Lorenzo Liverani
- @thefashionguitar Charlotte Groeneveld is based in NYC and is a top stylist among other things.
We’re so excited to see how you get on. Make sure to take some pics and share them. Enjoy!