Get ready to battle with your kids; err dance battle that is! Dancing is a great way to destress, burn up some calories and in general have fun being goofy!
Now for a great Dance-Off battle, a few rules need to be followed.
- Sort out a playlist. Music is the key ingredient for a successful dance battle. We have some go-to tracks listed below and some Spotify playlists that will get you into the groove.
- An open space. Make some room, move some furniture around so that we don’t accidentally hurt ourselves.
- Dance in a circle initially to get into the mood. When the opportunity strikes, someone has to jump into the middle and perform a crazy solo dance move. You can also use dice and have a number correspond to a dance move. Roll the dice and perform the move! We have some dance styles listed below.
- When you are done with your dance moves, point to the next family member to jump in and take your place.
- Take it up a notch by doing a duo performance. Just tag that family member and try your best-synchronised dance moves for bonus points!
Now music is subjective, so please feel free to choose your playlist. The tracks below have always worked for us in our house.
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
- House of Fun – Madness
- Dancing on the Ceiling – Lionel Richie
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson Ft Bruno Mars
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- 24k Magic – Bruno Mars
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Shake it Off (Sing Soundtrack)
- I like to move it – Will.I.Am
- Happy – Pharrell
Here are some fun dance moves to get you into the spirit. Warning, these are seriously corny but extremely fun!