‘‘Clothes maketh a man’’ said Mark Twain. The old phrase means judging people by their clothes. Going by the clothes, and the odd accessory, that made it to this list, it’s evident there’s a whole lot of folks blissfully unaware of the depth of Twain’s utterance. Laugh, smirk, gasp, it’s all forgivable when apparel design is sacrificed at the altar of the inexplicable and the downright absurd.
- Fendi retailed this fur scarf at $990 until Twitterati discovered its unintended resemblance to the female anatomy. Ahem.
2. When you think you have a super idea until it you see what came of it.
3. Who wears Will Ferrell on their chest? He does.
4. An adventure of a private nature.
5. Now we know what it means to be ‘well-heeled’.
6. Talk about saving for a rainy day.
7. Wait, what? Those French fries are impersonating a hamburger? And that’s dummy copy impersonating English?
8. We’ll pass the donut. Pun intended.
9. Hope this bumper is insured.
10. How do you lick ice cream with a mask on?
11. It’s not what you think. Just tie-dye design without quality check.
12. Umm… new kind of elastic made with denim?
13. Swear I see a hand about to pet a dog. On second thoughts…